- found 6 destinations. Selected: Architectural sightsx -
The Art Nouveau house no. 74 was built by the District Commercial Savings Bank from Benešov u Prahy in 1904 – 1905 according to a project of Marcel Dusil. It houses an exhibition, opened to the general public in 1992, devoted to the history of the town and its surrounding areas, regional landmarks and objects of art as well as artists who lived and worked here. The ethnographic exhibition is of special interest as it presents mainly the folk clothing and textiles, furniture, glass underpaintings, and objects of folk plastic art.
The current district court building used to be the town hall. It serves as the Court of Justice from the second part of 19th century when the town hall was moved to another building on the square. It was first mentioned in the year 1599. After 1820 the building with a tower was completed. At the end of the 19th century another floor was added and the facade was rearranged in a Neo-Renaissance style.
The Neo-Renaissance building of grammar school was built in 1907, designed by Karel Donda and paid by the Benešov authority. The school followed the tradition of the Benešov Piarist Campus. The school chapel, currently the Assembly Hall, was finished in 1912.
The house was built in a dignified traditionalist style in 1929. The author of the project is the Czech architect and student of professor Kotěra, born in Benešov, Otakar Novotný. The house used to function as a seat of the State Bank of Czechoslovakia after the Second Wold War.
In 1894 the local authority decided to build a district hospital. It was to the occasion of the wedding of Crown Prince Rudolph and Princess Stephanie. The hospital was named after them. The first hospital building in Neo-Renaissance style was designed by Marcel Dusil, which was completed in 1880.
Kulturní a informační centrum Benešov, s. r. o.
Na Karlově 2064, 256 01 Benešov
© 2023 Kulturní a informační centrum Benešov, s. r. o.