The first city brewery in Benešov was built in 1872. In 1897 the brewery was bought by Franz Ferdinand d’Este. He built a whole new brewing facility to which he shifted the production from Konopiště. In that time it was one of the best modern breweries in the country. The main building is built in a typical Central-European industrial style from the turn of the centuries. This style is characterised by elementary decorations. After 1990 the brewery started using the brand name „Ferdinand“ and the whole premises became a cultural sight.
This Neo-Renaissance technical building was erected in 1917. It was designed by Jan Vladimír Hráský, together with the complete design for the water mains. It has an eclectic character with some Art Nouveau elements. The water well was in use until 1970’s when Benešov was connected to the remote water supply Želivka. The Water tower is registered in the Central list of cultural sights of the Czech republic.
Kulturní a informační centrum Benešov, s. r. o.
Na Karlově 2064, 256 01 Benešov
© 2021 Kulturní a informační centrum Benešov, s. r. o.